Thursday, October 18, 2018

Review - Adrift by Rob Boffard





Title: Adrift
Author: Rob Boffard
Pages: 352
Publisher: Orbit
Release Date: 5th June 2018


Blurb from Goodreads:
  
In the far reaches of space, a group of tourists board a small vessel 
for what will be the trip of a lifetime - in more ways than one...

They are embarking on a tour around Sigma Station - a remote 
mining facility and luxury hotel with stunning views of the 
Horsehead Nebula.

During the course of the trip, a mysterious ship with devastating 
advanced technology attacks the Station. Their pilot's quick evasive 
action means that the tour group escape with their lives - but as the 
dust settles, they realize they may be the only survivors . . .

Adrift in outer space, out of contact with civilization, and on a vastly 
under-equipped ship, these passengers are out of their depth. 
Their chances of getting home are close to none, and with the threat 
of another attack looming they must act soon - or risk perishing in 
the endless void of space.











My Review:

*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. 
Thanks to Little, Brown Book Group UK and NetGalley*




Sigma Station attracts tourists for its stunning views of the 
Horsehead  Nebula. 
The Red Panda, a tour ship, sets off for a routine trip, the customers 
on board expecting nothing more than to see the Nebula.
Then a ship attacks the station, killing the thousands of people inside.
The Red Panda survives thanks to the talented pilot.
Unable to get home, the passengers of the Red Panda are stuck on the
ship with limited food and drink. With tensions running high, they 
must try and survive.
Why was the station destroyed?
Can the passengers survive long enough to make it home?


I'm a sucker for anything space-related so when I read the blurb I was instantly intrigued, especially 
with the suspense/mystery aspect.
The characters were an interesting mix. I liked some of them more 
than others and I enjoyed finding out more about them.
The plot was action-packed and full of suspense. I had no idea 
what was going to happen next and it felt like I was on the 
ship with the passengers.
The writing style was easy to follow and held my attention.
I would definitely read more by the author.


Overall this was an enjoyable read that I would recommend.





No comments :

Post a Comment