Saturday, May 23, 2020

Sequels That Were Better Than The First Book



Let's be honest, it's not often that the sequels in a series are better than the first book - they don't call it middle book syndrome for nothing - but sometimes it does happen.



Here are the sequels that I preferred to the first book in the series and why:





Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins

This book was so good! I loved the action and the introduction of new characters (hello, Finnick!). I was gripped and flew through it.







The Mime Order (The Bone Season, #2) by Samantha Shannon

The pacing, twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat.
I really enjoyed the mystery element and seeing Paige grow as a person as she learned more about her powers.
I love the romance in these books and that it's not thrust into the forefront. It's very sweet and I like that Paige doesn't try to examine her feelings all the time.
And don't get me started on the ending! I did NOT see that coming! I'm still reeling from it! 
 





 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling

I'm sure I'm not in the minority when I say that the first Harry Potter book isn't my favourite. 
I can't actually decide which book is my favourite - it's a tie between Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix
I enjoyed the action, the introduction of new characters and learning more about the Wizarding World.




Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2) by Alwyn Hamilton

I was SO STRESSED reading this book! The action, betrayal and plot twists were almost more than I could take!
I love the characters, Amani, Jin and Shazad in particular.
I enjoyed finding out more about the Djinni and seeing more of Miraji.





Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer

I really enjoyed the introduction of Cress and reading as the characters from the other novels all came together.




Whic sequels do you think are better than the first book?
 



No comments :

Post a Comment