Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Easter Readathon Wrap-Up

 Note: Graphics are pinched from Kate at Reading Through Infinity.

 

Over the Easter weekend I took part in the Easter Readathon hosted by Kate at Reading Through Infinity.

 The readathon ran from 12.01am Friday 2nd April through to 11.59pm Monday 5th April and Kate ran some live reading sprints over on her YouTube channel with some other bloggers.

You can find the Easter Readathon announcement post here and the post with Kate's TBR here.

 


Here are the prompts for the readathon:

 


 

 

The books on my readathon TBR were: 


 

The Switch by Beth O'Leary - for prompts one and two

The Starlight Watchmaker (The Watchmaker and the Duke, #1) by Lauren James - for prompt three

Other Words for Smoke by Sarah Maria Griffin - for prompt four



So, how did I do?

 

Book One - read from Friday to Sunday

Other Words for Smoke by Sarah Maria Griffin 

Rating: 3/5 stars

The plot was interesting and I liked the writing style, but I wasn't gripped by the story.



Book Two - read on Sunday

The Starlight Watchmaker (The Watchmaker and the Duke, #1) by Lauren James

Rating: 2.5/5 stars

I enjoyed parts of this, but did get a little bored. However, I don't think I was the right demographic for this (it is intended for young readers who aren't very confident) and can definitely see other people enjoying it.



Book Three - started on Monday

The Switch by Beth O'Leary

I managed to read up to page 115, so I didn't get to finish all the books on my Easter Readathon TBR, but I managed to read two out of the three books which I'm happy about.



Did you take part in the Easter Readathon?

What books did you read?



No comments :

Post a Comment