Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Can't-Wait Wednesday - A Snowfall of Silver

 

  

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a feature hosted at Wishful Endings where people showcase an upcoming book they are looking forward to.


 This week I'm anticipating . . .

 

 


 Title: A Snowfall of Silver

Author: Laura Wood

Pages: 356

Publisher: Scholastic

Release Date: 1st October 2020

 

Blurb from Goodreads:

A snow-dusted love story.

In the Autumn of 1931, eighteen-year-old Freya Trevelyan runs away from her home in Cornwall to follow her dream of becoming an actress. When she is invited to join a theatrical company about to head out on tour, Freya thinks the path to success is clear, and, amidst all the glamour and bustle of stage life, she finds - for the first time - a place to belong. But can reality ever live up to her expectations? What if her life - and falling in love - turn out to be nothing like she planned? An enchanting coming of age romance about following your dreams - even when they aren't quite what you expected.

 

 

Why I'm Anticipating This Book:

I love Laura Wood's YA novels. They have so much heart and I love the characters. Plus the covers are so gorgeous.

This book is all about Freya who is the sister of Lou, the main character in A Sky Painted Gold, so I'm intrigued to find out what happens to her.



 

 

8 comments :

  1. Love the cover and title, this one is new to me, but sounds good! Great pick!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a gorgeous cover! The author is one of my favourites :)

      Delete
  2. This does sound like a great novel. I haven't read this author before, but you make me want to. I hope you enjoy this one when you read it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her books are so lovely. I would definitely recommend them!
      Thanks! You too!

      Delete
  3. Oooh! That cover looks so beautiful! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a simplistic yet stunning cover. Hope you love this one!

    ReplyDelete