Monday, December 31, 2018

December Wrap-Up



*Contains spoilers for the December Wildest Dreams and FairyLoot boxes*



Here are the books I planned to read this month . . . 






READ




 The Light Between Us by Katie Khan - eARC - 3/5 stars - read my review here.
Daisy Jones and the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid - ARC - 3.5/5 stars.
Untamed (Untamed, #1) by Madeline Dyer - eARC - 2.5/5 stars - read my review here.




 
The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton - paperback - 3/5 stars.
Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff - audiobook/paperback - 4/5 stars. I finally finished this! I had been listening to the audiobook of this for months and as I neared the end I got to a big plot twist and decided to buy a physical copy.






 Sadie by Courtney Summers - eARC - 4/5 stars - read my review here.
Far From the Tree by Robin Benway - 3.5/5 stars.







HAULED BOOKS




 Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle, #1) by Jay Kristoff

Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2) by Jay Kristoff

The Light Between Worlds by Laura E. Weymouth - this is the December Wildest Dreams book. It's beautiful! It even has French flaps.

Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse, #1) by James S.A. Corey - this was a Christmas present and I'm really looking forward to reading it.

Dumplin' by Julie Murphy - this was from a trade.

Fire and Heist by Sarah Beth Durst - this was the December FairyLoot book. I hadn't heard of the author before but it sounds like it should be a fun read.

Written in History: Letters that Changed the World by Simon Sebag Montefiore - this was half price in Waterstones and I treated myself to a copy. It sounds really interesting and my sister wants to read it because there are letters between Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr in it.

The Storm Crow (The Storm Crow, #1) by Kalyn Josephson - this is an ARC and was a bonus book in the December FairyLoot box.

Fire and Blood: A History of the Targaryen Kings from Aegon the Conqueror to Aegon III as scribed by Archmaester Gyldayn by George R.R. Martin - this was a Christmas present and there are some really nice illustrations inside.



 


CURRENTLY READING




The Ember Blade (The Darkwater Legacy, #1) by Chris Wooding

I'm just over halfway through this beast of a book at the moment. It's over 800 pages and is taking me longer to get through than I'd hoped.





How was your December?
 

No comments :

Post a Comment