Saturday, December 8, 2018

Review - The Light Between Us by Katie Khan






Title: The Light Between Us
Author: Katie Khan
Pages: 320
Publisher: Transworld Digital
 Release Date: 9th August 2018


Blurb from Goodreads:

Thea and Isaac first met at University. Theirs was an instant connection 
but it never went further than friendship.

Because, then and now, Thea only has eyes for her work. Not just her 
course, but also a private project - Thea is determined to prove that time 
travel is not just the stuff of science fiction. And she has never told 
anyone the reason why.

When one of their friends goes missing in an experiment, Isaac and Thea 
must work together to find her - forcing them to re-examine 
their own friendship.

Is it really as platonic as they used to think?

The Light Between Us is a story of unrequited love and second chances. 
It begs the dangerous question that we all ask ourselves - what could have 
been? 
 
 












My Review:
  
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. 
Thanks to Random House UK, Transworld Publishers and NetGalley*




Thea is a student at Oxford university. She is obsessed with proving 
that time travel is possible, despite being told by the university 
professors to stop her research.
Thea meets Isaac at Oxford. They become friends fast, but Thea's 
obsession puts strain on their relationship.
After Thea is thrown off her course, she returns to her family home. There, with the help of her friends, Thea continues running experiments.
When one of Thea's friends disappears during an experiment, Isaac and Thea must find out where and when she is.
Can Thea find her friend?


I enjoyed Hold Back the Stars so I when I heard that Katie Khan had 
another book coming out I was excited to read it.
Thea and Isaac were interesting characters. Of the two of them I 
preferred Isaac but I liked how determined Thea was.
I found the science really intriguing. I hadn't thought about using light 
in time travel before.
The plot was good but there were points where it felt like Rosy being 
missing took a backseat and Thea and Isaac's relationship took over.
The writing style was easy to follow and held my attention, but I 
wasn't gripped.
I am slightly disappointed that I didn't enjoy this more.


Overall this was an enjoyable read.
 



No comments :

Post a Comment