Saturday, August 1, 2020

Totally Spies Readathon Wrap-Up



Throughout July I participated in the Totally Spiesathon, a Totally Spies-themed readathon created and organised by Noura at The Perks of Being Noura, which took place throughout the entire month.

I was part of Team Sam (she was always my favourite when I watched the show).


Here are the rules and prompts (graphics by Noura):















Here's how the readathon went for me . . .




Book One

I rolled a five.
Prompt number five = free choice! Choose whichever prompt you like from the list!
I chose prompt two (read a book with yellow, red or green on the cover (depending on team).
As I was on Team Sam, I chose a book with green on the cover, Wilder Girls by Rory Power. I rated this 2.5 stars.



 
Book Two

 I rolled a six.
Prompt number eleven = book that starts with 'A', 'S', or 'C' depending on team.
I chose Scavenge the Stars by Tara Sim which I gave 2.5 stars.



 Book Three

I rolled a two.
Prompt number thirteen = 'Truth or Scare': pick some books from your shelf that you haven't read yet and randomise your next read!
I chose The Obsidian Tower by Melissa Caruso which I gave 3.5 stars.
 




I then rolled a three, taking me back to the start and finishing Round One.






Book Four

I rolled a four.
Prompt number four = a book by a black author (any genre).
I chose Becoming by Michelle Obama which I gave 3 stars.






Book Five

I rolled a four.
Prompt number eight = a book you think you'll love.
I chose Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell (illustrated by Faith Erin Hicks) which I rated 3.5 stars.

 

Book Six

I rolled a three.
Prompt number eleven = Sam: a book with a smart female character.
 I picked The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage (the Mostly True Story of the First Computer) by Sydney Padua which I gave 3.5 stars.






Book Seven

I rolled a two.
Prompt number thirteen = choose any prompt from Round 1 or 2.
 I chose prompt number fifteen (book of choice) and The Unspoken Name by A.K. Larkwood which I gave 2.5 stars.





Book Eight

I rolled a two.
Prompt number fifteen = book of choice!
I chose The Weight of Our Sky by Hanna Alkaf which I rated 3.5 stars.




And that was how my reading in July went!

Did you take part in the Totallyspiesathon?




 

No comments :

Post a Comment