Thursday, December 31, 2020

My 2020 Wrap-Up

 

 

So 2020 happened.

I'm lucky that I have some good memories to take away from this year but it was definitely a . . . mixed year to say the least.

However, I'm going to focus on the positive things that happened because we sure don't need any more negativity right?

 

 

 BOOKS

 


 

I read 101 books in 2020 and, having set my reading goal at 80 books, I'm really happy with that. I've read over 100 books that past seven years, but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep that up this year.


I read some new favourites this year, which include:

The Unlikely Escape of Uriah Heep by H.G Parry

The Constant Rabbit by Jasper Fforde

Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson

and my favourite book of the year, The Empire of Gold (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3) by S.A. Chakraborty.




 FILMS

 

I didn't get to see as many films as I was hoping to this year for obvious reasons, but I did still get to see a few at the cinema:

 

 






I enjoyed all of these to varying degrees, but 1917 and Tenet were my favourites, closely followed by JoJo Rabbit and Little Women.

 

 

 

PERSONAL LIFE

 

 2020 has been quite the adventure personal life-wise.

Having taken redundancy from my job in Dec 2019, I went to New Zealand mid-January to live with my friend for several months and help look after her daughter. I was essentially a live-in nanny and looked after my friend's daughter when she wasn't at nursery and her parents were at work. Having never worked in childcare, it was quite the baptism of fire, but it was a valuable experience and I made some lovely memories. 

I was very lucky that I got to see Elton John as part of his Goodbye Yellowbrick Road tour which was absolutely incredible and definitely a highlight.



After several flights getting cancelled, I eventually returned to the UK in July, less than a week after I originally planned to return, so that was lucky.

Since then I've had my first lockdown in the UK, and the past five months have been a mix of me applying for jobs, reading and watching TV. 

But things could be a lot worse. 2020 has made me feel very grateful for the things I do have, like friends, family, my health and a roof over my head.

Fingers crossed 2021 brings us all happy times and a return to normality.


 

What good memories will you be taking from 2020?



 

No comments :

Post a Comment