Friday, February 15, 2019

Five Series I Want to Start in 2019



There are loads of series that I have the first book for but am yet to read. I've opted more for standalones lately as a way to make space - if I enjoy the first book in a series then I'm going to have to buy the rest of the books, taking up precious space!



Here are five series that I'm planning to start in 2019: 



 1. The Witchlands by Susan Dennard



 This is a planned five-part series (I think), with the third book coming out this month.
I've heard lots of good things about this series and I've owned the first book for several years, so I must read it soon!




 2. The Illuminae Files by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 



 I have heard so many good things about this series!
I own Illuminae and Gemina but for some reason I haven't gotten around to reading them. 
I'm excited to read this series and I definitely will start it this year.




3. The Young Elites by Marie Lu



 I've read the Legend series (well, the current books in the series anyway) and I wasn't a huge fan, but I'm interested to read The Young Elites.
I bought all three of these books in a bundle from The Works for a bargain price so I have them waiting to be read on my bookshelf.




4. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir



 Another popular series that I haven't read!
Again, I've heard lots of good things about An Ember in the Ashes.
I own the first two books and really hope that I get to start this series in 2019.




5. The Shadow and Bone Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo



 What is it with me and popular series?!
I've read the Six of Crows books and really enjoyed them but I have to admit to being a bit apprehensive to start reading the Shadow and Bone trilogy - I've heard mixed things about these books, Ruin and Rising in particular.
But I'm definitely planning to read these before the Netflix series which I am so excited about!




Are there any series that you're planning to start this year?


 

No comments :

Post a Comment