Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday - Auto-Buy Authors


Top Ten Tuesday is a feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.



This week the topic is
  Auto-Buy Authors




1. Jasper Fforde



 Jasper Fforde is my favourite author.
He is a genius.



2. V.E./Victoria Schwab 


 
I've been lucky enough to meet V several times and she is lovely.
Her books always have interesting settings, plots and characters.  



3. Chris Wooding 



If you love fantasy then Chris Wooding is your guy.
Poison is one of my favourite books, and the Tales of the Ketty Jay series is one of my favourites.



4. Lauren James 
 


 If you love science and sci-fi, I would definitely recommend Lauren James.



5. Laura Wood



I met Laura Wood at YALC last year and it was the first time that an author recognised me from social media which was so awesome.
She was lovely and I loved A Sky Painted Gold, which has one of my favourite romances ever in it. 



6. Alwyn Hamilton



Alwyn Hamilton has only written the one trilogy, but I loved the characters and the setting so I'm excited to see what she writes next.



7. Garth Nix  



 I loved The Old Kingdom series (although I still need to read Clariel and Goldenhand!) and I'm super excited about his upcoming book Angel Mage which is coming out September/October.



8. Samantha Shannon 



 I'm yet to read The Priory of the Orange Tree but I love the Bone Season books. Especially Warden *swoons*



9. Brigid Kemmerer



 Brigid Kemmerer writes my favourite contemporary YA books, and her Beauty and the Beast adaptation - A Curse So Dark And Lonely - is one of my favourite reads this year so far. 



10. S.A. Chakraborty
 

 I've only read The City of Brass but I LOVED it and have a copy of The Kingdom of Copper on my shelf.
I can't wait to see what else S.A. Chakraborty writes.

 




Do you have any auto-buy authors?


 

10 comments :

  1. Great list! I love The Old Kingdom series so much. The Eyre Affair, A Curse So Dark and Lonely and The Priory of the Orange Tree are all books I really want to try. I actually just finished The City of Brass last night and I'm looking forward to getting to The Kingdom of Copper soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really should read Victoria Schwab's books sometime.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read Letters to the Lost. I've heard such great things about that author. It's nice to see her make someone's list today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so neat that you got to meet Victoria Schwab! I love her work. Alwyn Hamilton was on my list, too. After Rebel of the Sands, I'm ready for something new! :3 I didn't realize Samantha Shannon had books before Priory of the Orange Tree. Wow. I fail. xD I'm going to have to look those up. I *still* need to read Brigid Kemmerer, because I keep hearing how great she is!

    Here’s my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was lovely :)
      You should definitely check out The Bone Season series!
      I love Brigid's books.

      Delete
  5. Totally agree with Jasper Fforde, he completely slipped my mind for this week somehow! I also agree with Garth Nix very easily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Jasper's books so much!
      I'm so excited about Garth Nix's upcoming book!

      Delete