Sunday, September 30, 2018

September Wrap-Up



How is it the end of September already?!


For the first time I had a monthly TBR and I mostly stuck to it!


These were the physical books I planned to read this month . . .





I actually read all but The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo (although I'm currently reading A Sky Painted Gold so I technically haven't read it yet).





READ




 Early Riser by Jasper Fforde - eARC - 4.5/5 stars - read my review here.
Butterfly: From Refugee to Olympian - My Story of Rescue, Hope, and Triumph by Yusra Mardini - eARC - 2.5/5 stars - read my review here.
Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan - library copy - 2.5/5 stars.






 The Poppy War (The Poppy War, #1) by R. F. Kuang - eARC - 3/5 stars - read my review here.
The Island by M.A. Bennett - ARC - 3/5 stars - read my review here.
The Surface Breaks by Louise O'Neill - hardback - 3.5/5 stars.





 Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1) by Tricia Levenseller - audiobook - 3.5/5 stars.
Song of Blood and Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1) by L. Penelope - eARC - 2.5/5 stars - read my review here.





HAULED BOOKS




 To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo - signed, free copy from the Hot Key Books blogger brunch.

That's Not What Happened by Kody Keplinger - this was the book in the September Wildest Dreams subscription book box. See my unboxing here.

Aru Shah and the End of Time (Pandava Quartet, #1) by Roshani Chokshi - I got this from a book swap.

Vengeful (Villains, #2) by V.E. Schwab - limited edition signed pre-order. Soooo excited to read this!

Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu - I got this from a book swap. 

Queen Victoria: Daughter, Wife, Mother, Widow by Lucy Worsley - pre-order.

Ms. Marvel, Vol. 9: Teenage Wasteland.




 
 HIGHLIGHTS


I've had a pretty good month:
 
I saw the Crazy Rich Asians film with the lovely Kate who blogs at Reading Through Infinity. I enjoyed the film more than the book and thought it was a very good adaptation.
 
I've started listening to audiobooks!
I want to (and need to) do more exercise and to motivate myself and do exercise for longer I decided to start listening to audibooks. 
Fingers crossed it works! : )
 
I went to my first event at a publishing house!
Yesterday (Saturday 29th September), Hot Key Books hosted a blogger brunch. Sebastien de Castell and Alexandra Christo were both there talking about their latest books. They read excerpts and answered questions. There was also a signing. I got a copy of To Kill A Kingdom (I've read it before but hadn't gotten around to buying a copy) and had it signed by Alexandra Christo who was lovely.
 
 
 
 
 
 CURRENTLY READING
 
 
 
  From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon - eARC.

A Sky Painted Gold by Laura Wood - paperback.
 
 
 
 
 
How was your month?
 
 


No comments :

Post a Comment