Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 Highlights




BOOKS

My Goodreads reading challenge was 90 books and I ended up reading 103 books.

 

My top ten books of the year can be found here.

I DNF'd a lot of books this year. Find out which ones here

I was hoping to read more classics this year but didn't end up reading any. Oops.



I attended my fifth YALC!
Read my recap here.





CONCERTS

 After not going to any concerts for a long time, I went to three this year!

The first concert I went to was at a local theatre and was Ramin Karimloo. He's a musical threatre actor that I hadn't heard of before my sister roped me into going to the concert with her. I ended up really enjoying it.



In February, I went to see the Kaiser Chiefs at the O2 Academy in Birmingham. We were really close to the stage which was awesome and it was a very enjoyable concert.


In August, I went to the Les Mis concert in London. Michael Ball, Alfie Boe, Carrie Hope Fletcher and Matt Lucas performed and were all amazing.




FILMS
I saw loads of films at the cinema this year.
Find out which ones and what I thought about them here.





PERSONAL LIFE

I've been continuing to try to be more eco-friendly.
I have still been using beeswax wraps for my sandwiches and have started using bamboo toothbrushes as well as more biodegradable alternatives to products.



This year we got a German shepherd puppy called Mia!
This was our first time having a puppy and it's definitely been an education!


This is how small Mia was when we first got her, but she didn't stay small for long!



At the end of December I finished my job after over five years. 
I took redundancy and am going to be a nanny for my friend in New Zealand for six months!
I'm so excited to spend time with my friend and her daughter!
It's kind of scary and I'm not looking forward to trying to get another job when I come back, but I feel like I'm doing the right thing as I hadn't been happy at my job for a long time.






What were your 2019 highlights?






No comments :

Post a Comment