Sunday, December 16, 2018

Review - Untamed (Untamed, #1) by Madeline Dyer






Title: Untamed (Untamed, #1)
Author: Madeline Dyer
Pages: 360
Publisher: Ineja Press
Release Date: 10th January 2017



Blurb from Goodreads:

As one of the last Untamed humans left in the world, Seven’s life has 
always been controlled by tight rules. Stay away from the Enhanced. 
Don’t question your leader. And, most importantly, never switch sides-
-because once you’re Enhanced there’s no going back. Even if you 
have become the perfect human being.

But after a disastrous raid on an Enhanced city, Seven soon finds 
herself in her enemy’s power. Realizing it’s only a matter of time 
before she too develops a taste for the chemical augmenters responsible 
for the erosion of humanity, Seven knows she must act quickly if she’s to 
escape and save her family from the same fate.

Yet, as one of the most powerful Seers that the Untamed and Enhanced 
have ever known, Seven quickly discovers that she alone holds the key to 
the survival of only one race. But things aren’t clear-cut anymore, and with Seven now questioning the very beliefs she was 
raised on, she knows she has an important choice to make. One that has 
two very different outcomes.

Seven must choose wisely whose side she joins, for the War of Humanity 
is underway, and Death never takes kindly to traitors.












My Review:
 
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. 
Thanks to Spells & Stars Books and NetGalley*




Seven is one of the few Untamed humans left. The Enhanced use 
chemical augmenters to change their moods and looks. The augmenters 
are addictive and once you become Enhanced there's no going back.
When a raid goes wrong Seven finds herself in the grasp of the Enhanced.
She manages to escape but Seven is a powerful Seer and the Enhanced will 
fight to get her back.
Can Seven resist the urge to drink more augmenters?
Will Seven turn her back on the Untamed?


I have mixed feelings about Untamed.
Until around sixty or seventy percent of the way through I was enjoying the 
book, but then I found myself losing interest and becoming annoyed with the 
characters.
Seven was an okay protagonist. I felt sorry for her but there were times where 
I also found her frustrating. 
There weren't any characters that stood out for me. I didn't like Corin. He was 
hot and cold with Seven and there were times where he was horrible to her and 
didn't apologise.
The plot was okay. There was a twist that I spotted a mile away. I lost interest 
towards the end and I'm disappointed that I didn't enjoy this more.
The writing style wasn't one of my favourites. I thought some of the sentences were 
worded oddly.


Overall this was an okay read. 
   


No comments :

Post a Comment