Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2018 Highlights




2018 was a bit of a mixed bag for me, but overall it was a good year.



Here are my highlights:


  • I read 102 books! My Goodreads goal was 90, so I beat that with extra to spare. My Top Ten Books of 2018 can be found here
  •  I saw 16 films at the cinema! This was the most I've ever seen in one year at the cinema. Read about my Top Ten Films of 2018 here.
  •  I went to New Zealand for nearly three weeks. I stayed with my friend and met her baby!
  • I saw Hamilton at the West End. It was amazing and I really want to go again!
  • I decided to try and become more eco-friendly and bought beeswax wraps to put my lunch in. I also stopped using face wipes.
  • I went to YALC (the UK's Young Adult Literary Convention. Find out more here) for the fourth year in a row. There I met several authors and a few bloggers that I had spoken to on Twitter, which was awesome. You can read my recap of the event here.
  • I found out that the lovely Kate - who blogs at Reading Through Infinity - lives in the same town as me! We've met up several times and it's so nice to have another book blogger living so near to me.
  • I went to my first publisher event! I attended a blogger brunch at Hot Key Books where Sebastien de Castell and Alexandra Christo were both talking about their latest books. They read excerpts and answered questions. There was also a signing and I got a copy of To Kill a Kingdom signed by Alexandra Christo who was lovely.
  • I went to my first blogger meet-up in Birmingham. I met several bloggers that I'd never spoken to before and got some book recommendations.
  • I started a proof-reading and editing correspondence course. I've beta read for a friend in the past and I enjoyed it, and I'm hoping to get into publishing, so I thought I'd give it a go!    



So overall 2018 was a good year for ticking things off my blogger bucket list! I feel like an actual proper blogger now :)


No comments :

Post a Comment